Finance Tools and Tips
Loan Calculators, Building Costs & Finance
There are a range of handy loan calculators to help you determine your likely loan repayments and loan term length. As soon as you’re thinking about building an investment house it’s a good time to speak to your finance provider to gain an understanding of the criteria you’ll need to meet, in order to receive a loan.
When budgeting for a new investment home you need to consider:
- Land costs – including subdivision and surveying costs if applicable
- Legal and bank fees and interest associated with the build and the loan
- The construction costs of your home
- Valuation costs
- Costs for driveways, landscaping and fencing not included in the base build price
- Cost of interior dressings and furnishings
How much could it cost to build my Ashcroft Investment Property?
Since we have a concise range of Property Plans, as soon as we know the section we are building on we can quickly give you an estimate for the build cost. Ask us now or see our plans here for pricing details.
Is it possible to get a mortgage to build a new investment home?
In response to the significant increase in newly constructed homes in Auckland, some banks now offer a specifically designed ‘construction loan’ for landowners who choose to build.
Some features of this specific mortgage can include:
- Pre-approval of a loan to give you time to find land and finalise your plans
- Interest-only period during the construction phase of your home
- Reduced annual account fees during the build and for some time after the home is completed
- Smaller deposit for turn-key builds or Home & Land Packages.
Ready to get started? View our House Plans or our Home and Land packages